Monday, November 20, 2017

The Monday After

What A Weekend!

What can I say? It was fun! Sorry about the weekend hiatus on the post, I am sure all of you missed my writing. Mondays are always like I have a terrible football hangover. I guess that Monday Night Football is supposed to be a bloody mary to the long weekend of binge drinking touchdowns and end zone celebrations. But there was one problem with an amazing weekend that I couldn't shake.

NO JETS FOOTBALL

And you know what, that is okay. I needed a break after the Buccaneer game. I think this weekend can be broken down into 3 B's.


BAKER:
I would like to continue my trend of gushing over this guy. He is an athlete among men. I love that competitiveness. In my mind, there is no need to apologize for that. I may be a part of the minority on this subject, but I would rather have a guy leave everything on the field and compete like he did than a guy who does not win and is less consistent. I have to do a full article on Baker here soon, especially if he keeps playing the way he does. I like the crotch grab to the bird combo. I laughed my ass off with the "Go cheer on Basketball" moment. Tim Tebow in the video above makes an excellent point and reiterates what I have been saying for the entire college football season. Good news with baker is that some NFL teams may be turned off by his attitude. That means he may slip a bit in he draft. But the man is a winner, plain and simple. I love it. He needs to be a Jet


BILLS:

Well, I thought that was going to go differently. There had to be some reason other than performance that they benched Tyrod. He must have scraped the owners car or pissed in Sean McDermotts cornflakes. Nathan Peterman is a rookie, not just a rookie but a 5th rounder. I liked him at Pitt, but I don't think he is going to be that great. Ryan Fitzpatrick is his ceiling in my opinion. This also looks like the Bills are going to get rid of Tyrod, which gives them a much better chance of losing next year! Any time the Bills lose, I am happy. More than happy I am ecstatic. Nathan Peterman is not ready yet.  Now, I will give credit where it's due. The Chargers are playing much better than the first half of the season. Their defense looks incredible. I think they are missing a few key pieces. And hey, if they get rid of Philip Rivers, the Jets can always sign him next year!


BACKS, The Quarter Kind:

If you don't get it, that means the guy who throws the ball. My self proclaimed expertise is in Quarterbacks. I was one, I know a lot of college and pro players and coaches. Now, I also thought Hackenberg was a legend, an that the Jets got a huge steal in the second round. But with the Jets sending a lot of representatives to the USC v. UCLA game this weekend, I thought I would give my take on the two most hyped quarterbacks in the draft.

Sam Darnold,
I am not as enamored with him as a lot of people are. I think his mechanics need a lot of work. I think that he has great game leadership quality. His biggest problem is that his arm talent gets lost, and he needs a superstar receiver to help him show it. USC has good receivers this year, but there's no Ju Ju on that team anymore. I honestly think that he is best suited for the Bills. Not the Jets. Would I be mad with this pick? I don't think so, but I know that he would take a while to truly win and be comfortable in a big time market.

Josh Rosen, 
I was extremely impressed with a lot about Josh Rosen's game this weekend. One thing is for sure, he throws a very pretty ball. It's tight, it is precise, it is what a ball is supposed to look like. But I have one HUGE problem when I watched Josh Rosen. Take a look at the game film in the video above. At the 50 second mark he runs a play action and throws a beautiful ball downfield. Aside from not selling the run, he never takes his eyes off his main target. It's what happened when he threw that interception at the end. The defensive back FINALLY realized how easy Rosen is to read. I do like Rosen much more than Darold, however. He has a NFL mindset. The thing is, he knows that he is good. Where I don't think that as a problem, I see how that can be detrimental.



So there it is! The 3 B's of the weekend! I am mainly waiting for the Jets to play next Sunday against a beatable Carolina team. I think the one take away that everyone should take away from this is.....
THE JETS NEED BAKER MAYFIELD!

Thanks so much for giving this a read. If you could share this with all of your friends and follow, maybe even comment on your thoughts I would appreciate that a whole bunch. If you love this blog, or just have 10 seconds to spare, join our Facebook Page! It's where all the updates on posts will be. Have a wonderful week and stay tuned for more great articles! Until next time! Oh and don't forget to #HailNamath!

J  E  T  S   JETS JETS JETS


















2 comments:

  1. I like that you added videos. It's hard to get the games while on vacation. Great Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much longer until we get the Baker Mayfield article?

    ReplyDelete