Wednesday, November 15, 2017

All I Can Do Is Speculate + QB rankings

Hello Jet's fans!

And anyone else who shall read this blog. I know that everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday! I hope that nobody forgot to #HailNamath in the time between my posts.

So here's the deal. With the Jets, everyone talks about one thing. Well two actually, if you include the butt fumble. The situation at quarterback. Ah yes, the ever lasting debate on who the savior of the franchise is. Before the season lot of people thought it was Sam Darnold. But with his inconsistency and his overall lack of ability to look like the number 1 guy, a lot of people are questioning the quarterback class. Josh Rosen has underwhelmed, Josh Allen from Wyoming seems to have been forgotten, and Lamar Jackson is the least hyped Heisman winning quarterback I have seen since Denard Robinson (whose last headline was about his inability to stay awake in his car here espn.com/denard)

I honestly think that the only true star quarterback of this draft class is a guy who at the beginning of the season I thought the jets could get in the third round but has now started to shoot up draft boards.


       Ladies and gentleman, the kid. My best quarterback in the 2018 NFL draft, Baker Mayfield.

This man is a football player. That's the first part about him that I see. He loves football. I think that is what the jets have missed in a draftable QB. You can tell when you see him on the field. There is something about him that just oozes gridiron. Not only does he like football, he likes winning. A LOT Next time Oklahoma is playing watch how he wills his way into positive plays. How he uses his skill and wizardry to make things happen. I really think that he will be special.

All that said, I see a comparison here that leaves a lot to be desired. He's a poor mans Russel Wilson, and a rich mans Jeremiah Masoli. Now who is that? Well, I will tell you eager beavers. he is a quarterback in the Canadian Football League, but he used to be a QB for the University of Oregon Ducks, when they were the next greatest show on turf. I will say that I am biased when it comes to Chip Kelly-era Duck football, but this kid was special. He looked a lot like Baker. The only difference is that Baker had is off-field issues early in his career, Masoli had them at the end. Even though I think he is the best QB in the draft, the type of player Baker Mayfield is may not last him very long in the NFL. If this year has proven anything, it's that the Jets want to win now. I knew they wouldn't be 0-16, but the way the locker room has shifted is headed for a cinderella Super Bowl run in 2 to 3 years. Realistically maybe 5, but a boy can dream!

If the Jets get Kirk Cousins this offseason, my life will be complete. It really would be. Talk about a winner, this guy needs to win to stay hungry. Everyone remembers the "You Like That?" moment. I think that if the Jets aren't too high on any quarterbacks, looking at Kirk Cousins, like a lot of teams will be, is the best option for getting the Jets to the playoffs next year. But Baker Mayfield will be special, and hopefully the Jets can get him. They have 2 second round picks which could easily be traded up for a late first rounder in my opinion. If the Jets are high on somebody, they have the resources to go for him. 

My official QB rankings for the 2018 NFL Draft are as follow (November 15, 2017)
1. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
2. Lamar Jackson, Louisville
3. Sam Darnold, USC
t-4. Josh Rosen, UCLA
t-4. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
6. Josh Allen, Wyoming
7. Clayton Thorson, Northwestern
8. Luke Falk, Washington State
9. Riley Ferguson, Memphis


Thank you guys for reading. Feel free to comment your thoughts below! I love to hear your guys thoughts on the matter. I will respond. Follow the blog to get updates on article release times and to stay informed! If you would like to write for the blog, feel free to send an inquiry application to domwbetts@gmail.com. I hope your week is better than last one, and never forget to Jet up!

J  E  T  S   Jets Jets Jets!

1 comment:

  1. BOMMER SOONER! Hopefully he will be around for seahawks second round pick that we got.

    ReplyDelete